does not support retrieving the password, but you can reset the password by
providing secret-question, and secret-answer. You may also need to create few
more attributes in the active directory schema associated with this. Below are
1. Password Question - Unicode String
2. Password Answer - Unicode String
3. Failed Answer count - Integer
4. Last time at which the user supplied an invalid answer - Large
5. Account locked out time - Large Integer/Interval
These are the 5 new attributes which you
need to add in the active directory schema for the "USER" object. I will explain
how to add new attributes and associate them to an existing object.
1. You need to first install the schema snap-in by registering schmmgmt.dll
2. Now, open an MMC, and add "Active Directory Schema" snap-in
3. Expand the Active Directory Schema, and right click on Attribute, and
select "Create Attribute"
4. Enter the common name, LDAP name, other fields for the attribute you are
creating. For example, "PasswordQuestion" - this would be having its type as
Unicode String. See the above list of attributes and its types
appropriately. If Integer, enter minimum/maximum values too.
5. For the OID, you need to check this MSDN